August is a hot month here in the Valley and not just because of the heat. We’ve got a number of great events, keeping residents and visitors busy and content as summer comes to a close.
Splash House Festival – August 12th to 14th
This pool and musical festival is hosted at two events in Palm Springs, with a shuttle so you can go back and forth to each. There are musical guests at poolside stages and you pay one general admission to watch those acts, along with accessing the after-hours parties at the Air Museum.
Jazz in the Pines Festival – August 19th to 21st
This musical festival is put on by the Idyllwild Arts Foundation, with over two dozen bands performing. There is also a festival marketplace with crafts, art and more from local artists.
National Park Service Centennial – August 25th to 28th
Get free entrance on these days to Joshua Tree National Park as the National Park Service turns 100 years old.
Comic Con Palm
Springs – August 26th to 28th
This coveted event features exhibits, celebrity booths, meet and greets and more at this comic book themed-festival. Located at the Palm Springs Convention Center, this will be three days of costumes, comics and fun.
• Too Marvelous for Words: Celebrating Johnny Mercer and Harold Arlen at The Atrium in Rancho Mirage – August 5th to 7th
• Banda El Recodo at Fantasy Springs Casino – August 5th
• Flogging Molly at Morongo Casino – August 5th
• UB40 featuring Ali Campbell, Astro & Mickey at Agua Cliente Casino Resort & Spa – August 6th
• A Celebration of the Music of Bob Marley at Spotlight 29 Casino – August 12th
• Flo Rida at Morongo Casino – August 12th
• The Gipsy Kings featuring Nicolas Reyes and Tonino Baliardo at Morongo Casino – August 19th
• Pitbull at Fantasy Springs Casino – August 20th
• Scott Stapp at Morongo Casino – August 20th
• Sammy Hagar & The Circle at Fantasy Springs Casino – August 27th