May Events in the Coachella Valley
With the warm weather rapidly approaching, many are heading out and partaking in a number of different May events in the Coachella Valley. If you want something fun to do, check out this comprehensive list of events for May 2017.
• Rock of Ages – May 12th at 8pm – Palm Canyon Theatre in Palm Springs
Arts and Theatre
• Tell Me a Story: Women in the Arts Exhibit features original art by an assortment of female artists. Each piece is inspired by someone’s story. It’s free to attend and is extremely educational and inspirational. Located at the La Quinta Museum.
• CVRep presents Later Life. This play is clever yet touching. One you don’t want to miss out on. April 26th through May 21st on Tuesday through Saturday at 7:30pm and Sunday at 2pm. Located at the Coachella Valley Repertory Theatre, The Atrium in Rancho Mirage.
• Palm Springs Film Noir Festival brings you a fun-filled weekend with classic noir and guest appearances. The event takes place on May 11th at the Camelot Theatre in Palm Springs.
• Cruise in Car Show offers classic cars, hot rods, muscle cars, corvettes, street rods, antiques, customs, original collectibles and restored vehicles. Enjoy food, drink and clothing, in addition to raffles and prizes for the top cars on May 1st. Children can enjoy the coloring area, hula hoop contest and much more. Located at Westfield Palm Desert in Palm Desert.
• Gabriel Iglesias – May 5th at 8pm – The Show at Agua Caliente in Rancho Mirage
• Train Day – May 6th from 9am-noon – The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens in Palm Desert
• Vintage Market – May 7th from 8am to 2pm – Camelot Theatre in Palm Springs
• Star Party and Night Adventures allows you to observe the night sky through giant binoculars and telescopes. It doesn’t cost anything and takes place May 20th from 8pm to 10pm. Located at the Santa Rosa & San Jacinto Mountains National Monument.
• Memorial Day Flower Drop and Air Fair – Join the celebration as the museum drops 3,000+ red and white carnations to commemorate those who gave the ultimate sacrifice so many years ago. The event takes place May 29th at 10am at the Palm Springs Air Museum.
There are plenty of things to see, do and experience this May throughout the Coachella Valley and the surrounding areas. Head out and enjoy having the time of your life.