October is renowned as a time of change in the Palm Springs area. You may change your wardrobe, your home decor and your attitude. If anything, you should get out more and enjoy all of the great events happening in the Valley this October.
Desert Hot Springs Fall Festival – October 1st – Mission Lakes Marketplace
Just a little North West of us, this hot festival features fun for the entire family with a petting zoo, arts and crafts, kiddie rides and live music. The end of the night will feature a fantastic fireworks display, put on by the professional fireworks company Pyrospectaculars/Sousa. Come hungry as there will be a BBQ and a number of food trucks to whet your appetite.
WWE Live – October 3rd – Palm Springs Convention Center
Check out all of your favorite WWE superstars as they slam down for WWE Live. Tickets start at only $15, so it is an expensive night to spend with the family.
Joshua Tree Fall Music Festival – October 6th to 9th – Joshua Tree Lake Campground
A truly magical event, the Joshua Tree Music Family is a family-friendly global music experience featuring some amazing performers. Among the many:
- Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown
- Mark Farina
- House of Hamsa
- Smoked Out Soul
- Cardinal Moon
The festival bills itself as the people’s festival as the tickets are reasonable, the setting is intimate and there is free water. Don’t miss this one or you’ll have to wait until spring for the next one.
Desert Trip – October 7th to 9th and 14th to 16th – Empire Polo Club
This is one fantastic event you will not want to miss. Featuring The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Neil Young, Roger Waters and The Who, every night holds something very, very special. Camp out or get a hotel, but either way, don’t miss either weekend of this spectacular music event.
19th Annual Idyllwild Art Walk and Wine Tasting – October 8th – Idyllwild Town Center
Take the free shuttle and visit 18 of Southern California’s wineries who will be displaying their wares at art locations around town. Besides the wine and art, there will be cheese and crackers, live music and artist booths. Visiting the locations is free.
Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) – October 29th – Desert Memorial Park
Honoring the memory of those lost, this event will feature folklore dancers, mariachi bands, face painting, an art contest and so much more.
- Relay for Life of Palm Desert – October 1st – Civic Centre Park
- Y Be Fit Palm Desert Challenge – October 2nd – Civic Centre Park
- 4th Annual Patriot Ride “For Our Heroes” – October 21st and 22nd – Southwest Church
- 31st Annual Tram Road Challenge 6K – October 22nd – Palm Springs
- Jesse & Joy – October 1st – Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
- Giada Valenti – October 2nd – Annenberg Theatre
- Celebrity Jam Fest – October 5th – Woodhaven Country Club
- Clint Black – October 7th – Morongo Casino Resort & Spa
- ZZ Top – October 8th – Agua Caliente Casino Resort & Spa
- Gerardo Ortiz – October 14th – Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
- The Doobie Brothers – October 22nd – Fantasy Springs Resort Casino
- Alice Cooper – October 29th – Fantasy Springs Resort Casino